June 17, 2019
- Accident, Gender Road, CW, Non-injury, Report taken citation issued
- Investigate Complaint, Lakeview Circle, CW, possible fraudulent charges on PayPal
- Burglary, Dove PKWY, CW, Jewelry taken from residence by someone who had access to home
- Accident, Gender Rd, CW, car rear-ended by semi.
- Larceny, Lancaster St, Millersport, forced entry unknown what was taken.
- Burglary, Walnut St, Carroll, TV, Laptop, and Cash Missing.
- Warrant/Deceased, Bickle Church Rd. Suspect Mr. Lowendick was making threats against the suspect in his criminal case. Units then found out that Mr. Lowendick did not show for his sentencing hearing at court. Due to previous incident and ongoing communications, SWAT was dispatched to execute an arrest warrant from court on Mr. Lowendick. SWAT surrounded the house and attempted to get Mr. Lowendick to surrender. Robot was sent in and found Mr. Lowendick deceased in his residence.
June 18, 2019
- Burglary at Rustic Ridge. Victim advised someone broke into her residence and stole all the food from her fridge.
- Burglary at Revenge Rd. Unknown entry point. Victim advised TV and lawnmower stolen. Suspects attempted to steal a tractor.
June 19, 2019
- Stolen Vehicle, Columbus-Lancaster Rd. (Carroll Auto Sales) – Hocking County Sheriff’s Office conducted a traffic stop on trailer jockey that they observed on U.S. 33 in the area of Haydenville. Upon their investigation, the driver admitted that he had stolen the truck from the lot next to Meijer. Contact was made with the business and the manager responded to the scene and confirmed the vehicle was missing. A Fairfield County Deputy met with Hocking County and took possession of the driver of the vehicle. He was taken to jail for the stolen vehicle by his own admission.
- Warrant out of Franklin County that the Deputy made contact with during a suspicious car call.
- Vehicle Fire, Gender/Winchester Roads, vehicle was fully engulfed
- High water reports, Trees down in the southern part of the county towards shift change.
June 20, 2019
- Accident, Pump Station Rd. – Vehicle vs. downed tree. Driver did not see the tree and crashed into it.
- Two Shoplifting arrests from CW Walmart.
- At beginning of shift, we had an ATL ref to a male in a Camaro steering the car with a handgun. We were UTL and passed info to Franklin CO. that he was entering their jurisdiction. They located him later in another jurisdiction and was involved in an officer involved shooting and was pronounced deceased.
June 21, 2019
- Information Report – Winchester Rd. (Speedway) Carroll – Deputy observed a male with a trailer parked and asleep in the lot of the closed business. The trailer on the back had a blown tire. It also did not have a plate on it. When the occupant was questioned about the trailer, he advised that he had just purchased it over Facebook. The serial number of the trailer had been scratched out and painted over. The Deputy impounded the trailer until the occupant could provide a bill of sale. The occupant stated that he did not care and told the Deputy to take it. The Deputy will be forwarding information to the detective bureau.
June 23, 2019
- Theft, Winchester Blvd – Lost Prevention at Walmart advised that a male took items without paying. The Deputy arrived and issued a summons.
- O.M.V.I., Hill Rd at Columbus St- Deputy stopped a vehicle for no visible License plate. Deputy determined that the driver was an impaired driver. She was charged with O.M.V.I.
- Citation, Springcreek Dr at Bridgewater Dr- Deputy stopped a vehicle and advised that the driver was a fifteen-year-old. A citation was issued and the parents were called to come and pick up all juveniles involved.
- Physical Control of a Motor Vehicle while Intoxicated. Baltimore-Somerset Rd at Lancaster-Newark Rd- The Deputy located a vehicle with the driver passed out at the wheel. The driver was charged with physical control of a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
- Man, with a Gun. Main St Rushville, units responded to Rushville due to complaint that a man was confronting some juveniles that were yelling in the road and close to curfew. Juveniles stated that the man pulled a gun. Detectives responded and report will be forwarded for review.
- Narcotics, Bateson Beach Dr, Caller stated that she was walking down the road and found possible drugs in a tin on the side of the road. Possible methamphetamine sent for destruction.
- Burglary, Main St Thurston, Caller advised his camper was broken into and possible squatters living in the camper.
- Vehicle Fire, E Church St Amanda, pull trailer and motorcycles caught on fire.
- Injury Accident, Units responded to 33A and Tarklin Rd on an accident. Due to the seriousness of the crash OSP was requested and Sheriff’s office assisted with closing the road.